Saturday, March 1, 2014

TTFN

TTFN - Ta Ta For Now.

I've mentioned before that I have arthritis - in my neck and both knees, among other joints.  I had major neck surgery 2 years ago to replace three discs.  Over the last 16 years, I've also had 5 different knee surgeries.

All those knee surgeries have dealt with various ligament and cartilage issues, but haven't dealt with the arthritis.  Both of my knees have multiple areas where it is bone on bone.  Let me tell you that can be very painful.

My orthopedic surgeon and I have been discussing knee replacement surgery for the last 3 years, but we've been trying to put it off as long as possible, since I'm relatively young.  Generally, replacement knees last between 15 and 20 years, depending on how active or overweight the patient. Because of my age, that means I will most likely need to replace my knees again. Even so, we both agree it's time to replace these aching knees.  The plan is to replace both knees at the same time to minimize the amount of time I'm out of work.  I'll be out of commission for 6 - 8 weeks after the surgery, so I'm also hoping to get the house as spotless as possible pre-surgery.

All this means I'm going to to take a bit of a break from the blog.  Enjoy your spring - I hope to be back around the first week of June.   


3 comments:

  1. Let me be the first to wish you well in the surgery and a speedy recovery. I'll be looking for your first post-surgical post. As for the next quilt post, that might take just a bit longer :). Do well and get back here when you feel ready to roll again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your surgery goes well and you are soon back to your regular routine. I bet you will be so glad you did it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best wishes for your surgery and recovery. I'm a little late reading through my blogs, so I hope you see this message. I hope all goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete