Friday, July 4, 2014

Happy 4th of July!!





I finished a new mini quilt for July. I really like to have these monthly minis be entirely my own design, but I'm still not feeling my old quilting mojo yet. So this time I simply went with a traditional star pattern and used patriotic fabrics. To add my own touch I added star buttons in the square patches.

I did stitch in the ditch quilting except in the large triangles and the center square.
















Since the hubs works weekends, we don't have a lot of time off together but we did both have today off and we drove about two hours to Cooperstown, NY to visit the Farmer's Museum. It's a living history museum where the staff dress in period costumes and explain life at the time, in this case the mid-1800's.

The museum also houses the Empire State Carousel. In the carousel building were mini quilts from quilt guilds all over New York State.

One house had exhibits of the technology of the times and there was a room with antique sewing machines, including a gorgeous one with inlaid mother of pearl. It was just beautiful!

Of course there were lots of farm animals to enjoy.

We had a great day. I hope you did too.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment