Friday, July 18, 2014

Slow Summer Sewing

I'm still plugging away at my sunflower mini but I'm also working on a baby quilt.  I was inspired by this Cubbyholes quilt made by Maryann Fons and featured in the July/August issue of Love of Quilting Magazine and a few other similar versions I've seen around Blogland, like this one at Kathy's Quilts.


My sewing time has been very limited so far this summer.  We've been busy with house guests and garden projects.  I've also been spending time at the gym keeping up my exercises so my knees stay flexible and I don't build up scar tissue again.  I also don't stay sitting for any length of time or I start to stiffen up.  

This project is coming along v.e.r.y  s.l.o.w.l.y.  It's taken me two weeks to get this far:

I won't get any sewing done this weekend as we're going to visit our son at his new apartment to help him hang curtains and do a few projects for him.

The baby quilt will definitely not be done in time for the baby shower on August 2, but hopefully it will be done before the baby arrives in mid-September.

Stay tuned....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment