Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Bennington Quiltfest



Last weekend I dragged my son to Bennington, VT to attend the Bennington Quiltfest.  He was not totally unwilling to go because one of his college roommates is from Bennington and Chris was familiar with the area and knew of a few good restaurants.  So, with the promise of lunch at the restaurant of his choice, he volunteered to drive me.



The drive from our house took just over an hour and was a ride through beautiful farmland, small towns, and rolling hills.  It will be a  spectacular drive in a few weeks as the leaves start taking on their autumn hues.  Of course, it started raining just as we arrived.

We enjoyed a very nice lunch at Madison Brewery in downtown Bennington.  Both of us had open-faced turkey sandwiches with apple-herb gravy and cheddar mashed potatoes.  It was delicious and the service was fantastic.
 
The quilt show was held at the Mt. Anthony Middle School.  It was jam-packed with people, displays and vendors.  I thought it was very nicely put together.  Amazingly, I refrained from making even a single purchase!  I did see a number of things I would have liked to buy, but I was on a mission to only purchase the background and backing fabric for my next project, Harvey (the October pattern if you are doing the Schnibbles and a Little Bit More quiltalong hosted by Sinta and Sherri).

I was totally entranced by the miniature quilts on display.  The workmanship and time investment to make them was just amazing.  Many of my pictures are of the miniature quilts, with a few large scrap quilts I liked.  There were a lot more quilts, but these really caught my eye.  Without further ado, here are the pictures I took ( I apologize in advance for the quality of some of the photos). 















No comments:

Post a Comment