Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Whit's End

Oh Whit! You gave me troubles, so I'm naming you Whit's End because I was at my wit's end several times while making you!

First the geese would not line up when I sewed them head to head. Then the cornerstones where the geese meet back to back did not line up either. So I decided to sew all the geese going in the same direction and replace the square geese cornerstones with the backing fabric. But then I ran out of  the backing fabric and had to order more. It didn't arrive until last night so I was frantically sewing the quilt top together this morning. I made so many modifications to the pattern it's barely recognizable.

Still and all, I'm happy with the result. I used scrap fabrics for the geese and stash fabric for the background (except for the little bit additional I needed for the cornerstones).


Also this week, my little great-nephew arrived! Meet Brennan! Isn't he sweet? 




3 comments:

  1. I recognized your quilt right off as Whit and the same version that I made! It looks fabulous. I understand the stress of getting it done in a hurry, too. What a sweet arrival! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always working on these quilts right up to the last minute as well. I didn't notice all the changes you made until you pointed them out. I really like the dark background you used. It looks like a perfect quilt for fall. And congratulations on the newest arrival! He's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Whit...I wouldn't have noticed the changes! LOL Great job!

    ReplyDelete