Friday, October 24, 2014

Are you ready for Grand Illusion?

Grand Illusion is the name of this year's Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt.

A couple weeks ago, Bonnie gave the colors and yardage required to make this year's quilt. I hustled over to Lowe's to pick up the Valspar paint chips Bonnie uses as inspiration for her color choices.

Last year I said I would use different colors for my second mystery quilt, but I really, really liked Bonnie's color choices of yellow, green, aqua and pink, along with black and white.

I plan to make mine smaller than Bonnie's quilt.  Last year, I made half the required units for the smaller of the two sizes Bonnie included.  I haven't decided if I will make half the units again or make them half the size of Bonnie's pattern.  I'll wait until I see the cutting directions to decide.

I think these colors will make a great baby quilt for a girl and it just so happens I have a new niece on the way and she's due in March - perfect timing for the finish of this mystery quilt.

I actually had a many of the required colors in my stash already, but I needed to add some blacks and whites for variety.  I picked up a few more fat quarters during the shop hop last weekend, so I'm all ready.  How about you?




No comments:

Post a Comment